Monday, November 10, 2008

The time has finally come...

to announce to everybody that Jon and I are expecting a baby!

I am currently about 12 weeks (three months for people who do not count their time in weeks) along and the baby is due around May 27. I must admit that so far this pregnancy has been great. My test results have all come back normal and to quote Dr. Suarez (by OB/GYN) "it's nice to be medically uninteresting." Other than being extremely tired and some lovely acid reflux...oh, and many mood swings...I have felt great. Since I have been pregnant I have read a TON of books on pregnancy and have become a wealth of knowledge on where our little fetus is size-wise and developmentally. Right now, for instance, the baby has developed most of his/her (yes, we will be finding out the sex of the baby when we can) bodily structures and is about the size of a large plum. My favorite was when the baby was the size of a blueberry (I think it was when I was about 7 weeks), which is what we call it and what my family has taken to calling it.

So far, watching Blueberry develop has been pretty cool. We had our first ultrasound when I was a little over seven weeks and got to see the baby's heartbeat. It was amazing - like a very fast flickering of light. And even though he will probably be embarrassed that I told you this, Jon got a bit teary when he saw that. I think it made everything a bit more real. I also just had my 12 week check up and HEARD the heartbeat. This time I got teary. I tried to call Jon so that he could hear it, but my stupid phone kept interfering (iphones have their flaws).

So, as you can imagine, Jon and I are so excited about the fact that we will be parents in 6 months, but we are freaked out a bit too. We are well aware that our lives will never be the same again and while that it is exciting (it's a whole new adventure), it was kind of nice being able to go out, have a lot of cocktails, come home at the wee hours of morning and lay in bed the entire next day doing nothing. I know that there are many, many, many more things that will change when the Blueberry arrives but please don't tell me...not just yet. I am still getting my hands around the fact that there is a person growing inside of me. So, enough rambling for now. For those of you that are interested, I will update this periodically so you can hear all about my changing body, my changing moods (and boy do those change frequently) and whatever else I feel like talking about.

Oh, one final thought. One of my co-worker's dogs is having puppies any day now (http://sweetbullies.com). His dog will have been pregnant for 64 days. What the heck? 64 days!

4 comments:

Team Powers said...

CONGRATS again!! Are you guys going to move? Move to OTP!! hahaha..we have the best public schools in Atlanta!

Unknown said...

I could not be happier for the two of you. Make sure you give Blueberry a kiss for me. Please continue to update often and send pics. Love you both and so excited for you!!!
Linds

Jason and Rachel Turner said...

So excited for you both!!!! I can't wait to meet the little person!! I love the "Blueberry!" careful - it might stick more than your birth name haha1 Love you both!!!

Crystal Liebling said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so excited to experience this together :)

Love, Crystal & Nir

What is Blueberry up to?