Monday, November 17, 2008

Cravings

Have you ever wanted something so badly that you felt that you were going to explode if you didn't get it? Like you are the Incredible Hulk and the thing that you want - that you crave - is turning you into that giant green monster? Well, if you haven't then count your blessings because I swear certain foods are turning me into the Hulk.

I've had food cravings in the past but more along the lines of, "gee, I sure could go for Mexican food right now," or "mmm...Sour Patch Kids would be great." Now I am like "if somebody doesn't get me a *&!#%@! hot chocolate right now I will have to go postal on them." Seriously.

I am not sure how soon cravings generally kick in on pregnant women (though I am sure that one of my library of baby books could tell me), but for me they are in, they are indecisive and they are going strong. Luckily I haven't gained much weight so far, though I think that my weekend of craving indulgence just added some. Here are just a few of the things that I really, really wanted this weekend:

  • Hot chocolate
  • Cupcakes
  • Fruit tart
  • Chicken salad sandwich
  • Candy
  • Hot chocolate
  • Cheetos (they're the cheese that goes crunch)
  • Apples (I did want some healthy stuff too)
My cravings are inconsistent (with the exception of clam chowder which I always seem to want) and generally for things that are not that good for me. Don't judge me. To quote my friend Nicole who said this of her first pregnancy "I developed a brain today. What did you do?"

4 comments:

Jason and Rachel Turner said...

Go ahead!!! Isn't that what they say!?!? Live it up - eat what you want. This is the only time you can do it and not have to make any excuses!!! Hope you had a nice weekend. Talk to you soon.

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! That's awesome! I'm glad I am not the only one. I crave ALL things sweet, I browse the store looking at all the cakes...cookies and donuts.....

I've already gained half the weight I am supposed to and I still have 3 more months, so I am trying really hard to lay off, but it all looks and probably tastes sooooo good!

BTW, clam chowder??? Did you ever like clam chowder before???

Anonymous said...

I am loving the Nicole comment. How original is that!

This is your time Jos. You've earned the right to satisfy every food craving you have right now. Because after the baby comes you probably won't have time to eat for a while :o)

Anonymous said...

LOL @ "I developed a brain today. What did you do?". I'll be sure to use that line when I'm preggers...BTW - Your pics are too cute :)

What is Blueberry up to?