Today I put on my first pair of maternity jeans. My regular jeans still fit, but are getting very, very close to cutting off the circulation around my middle. I figured when one is pregnant, circulation around their middle section is probably important. Actually, I am going to go out on a limb here and say that circulation in general is probably pretty important. I have to tell you - I love these things. Not only are they cute and look like normal jeans (great pair of wide legs that I got from Gap Maternity over Thanksgiving), but the stretchy stomach is fantastic. All muffin top has been eliminated. I am not sure I will ever go back to normal - or as I now refer to them, stupid - jeans again.
Normally I would feel bad that my jeans don't fit as well as they once did or that when I button them I run the risk of severing my body in half. But, as there is a person growing inside of me and I am about 16 weeks along, I don't feel so bad.
However, sometimes with the good (baby growing, great stretchy tummy pants), comes the bad (being sick for the past few days and not being able to do anything about it). For the past two days I have had a migraine headache and been vomiting (sorry, gross I know). Unfortunately when you are pregnant there isn't too much along the lines of medicine that you can take to help you out. For the past two days I have been laying in bed, in the dark, with a cold cloth over my head wondering if it was possible for it to actually explode and if I would be disappointed if it did. What I would have liked to take for my pain was a percocet. What I was allowed to take was Tylenol. But I am paranoid and only took two (after calling the doctor to make sure that it was okay even though it was on the list of approved medications that they gave me). Let me say this, two Tylenol over the course of two day when faced with possible head explosion does not help. Luckily, I got through it. I feel that working through my pain is good preparation for the joy of childbirth. Well, that is until they give me an epidural :-)
Technology can be improved!
6 years ago

1 comment:
I am so glad you are feeling better!!! I can only imagine the pain you were in.....Hope to see you soon!!! Tell Jon we said hello-Ashley
Post a Comment