Sunday, December 21, 2008

It's a Hanukkas* Miracle!

OUR FREAKING CONDO IS SOLD! For those of you who have met me in the past two years, even if it was a brief encounter at a party or in an elevator, you have heard the seemingly never ending saga of our condo. I like to call it "How Sad it is to be Unit 1-1-1-3." If you haven't heard it (well, then I have probably never met you), I will give you a quick refresher.

Fantastic sort-of-single girl in her early 20's buys lovely one-bedroom condo 5 years ago at the height of the market. Girl gets married to equally fantastic guy a few years later. The two newlyweds and their giant Golden Retriever/Labrador mix dog settle (or squeeze) into their home. Marriage progresses, market declines. After a couple of years this fantastic couple decides to sell their condo. Fast forward nearly two years (YES TWO F-ING YEARS) and the girl is pregnant, the dog is more giant and the condo still has not sold. Until now!

Say it with me people - WHOO HOO!!!!

Like I said, if you have ever spoken to me you know how long this has taken and how happy both Jon and I are to finally be able to buy a house. And to make matters even better - WE FOUND A HOUSE! It is a great house, 4 bedrooms and three bathrooms in a, well, let's call it "transitional" neighborhood. BUT we got a wonderful deal on the house, it has been totally reonnovated and it is close to our offices and in the city (which is where we want to be). What's even better is that Blueberry won't have to sleep in a sock drawer. Though it would be cushy with all of the socks in there, it's probably not the best place for a baby.

We are scheduled to close on our condo on the 30th, then we close on our house on January 9th. Luckily my company is amazing (I feel like Tom Cruise or Katie Holmes with all of the "fantastics," "wonderfuls" and "amazings" I am tossing out in this entry) and we are closed for the holidays so I can pack, cancel services, order services on the house, etc. A lot to do in a little amount of time. Good thing my pregnancy exhaustion phase is over with.

Below is a new picture of me at 18 weeks (which is where I am now). I hope that everyone has happy holidays!

* Hannukas = the merging of Hanukkah and Christmas.


2 comments:

Team Powers said...

YAY!!!

Anonymous said...

YES!!!!! So happy for you!

What is Blueberry up to?