Positives:
- I had a valid reason why I did not look good in my bathing suit
- I didn't feel guilty eating dessert at dinner
- I was able to exceed the 8 glasses of water a day quota as water is pretty much all I drank
- I got to lie around on a lounge chair and have people bring me food and drinks
- I got to spend some quality time with my family and friends and actually remember the conversations that we had
- I learned the Spanish word for pregnant (Embarazada)
- I learned the baby really reacts to loud music and likes to party at night
- I got to see my brother get married to the love of his life and welcome a new sister (officially) to the family
- It is not fun to watch everyone around you drink non-stop for a week while you sip on a bottle of water (I really used to enjoy my cocktails)
- If you are pregnant and go to the Ocean Blue Resort understand that they will not let you go snorkeling, fishing or have a massage. Be prepared to sit around and do nothing
- I saw what happens to pregnant feet once they meet humidity and salty foods (it wasn't pretty)
Anyway...
I am now almost 26 weeks along and close to my third and final trimester. Soon enough my crazy little dance machine will be gracing us with his presence. Am I even close to prepared? No.
According to BabyCenter.com at 26 weeks Blueberry (or Soybean as he has been so nicknamed by his "Unc" - my brother-in-law Tom) now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. The network of nerves in his ears are better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both mine and Jon's voices as we chat with each other. He's also inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. Also, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days. (I'm not going to lie- that's kind of gross). Next week I head to the doctor for my glucose test, sign a bunch of consent forms and start meeting other doctor's in the practice. Then for the next couple of months I will be going to the doctor every two weeks until my last month when I will be there every week.
A few photos:Preggo bridesmaid
Jon and his catch
Bride and Groom before their first dance
Me and Jon (soon to be Mom and Dad)
The family at dinner

1 comment:
It is written: I shall be called Unc. So let it be written, so let it be done.
Post a Comment