Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Blueberry's Room

Months ago I mentioned my addiction to baby books. I wanted to let you all know that I have recovered from this (mainly because as I read ahead to labor, delivery and post-partum goodness I decided it was time to put the book down and start praying that they discover an easy, non-messy, painless way to have a baby between now and May). But I replaced one addiction with another.

This new addiction (which Jon has as well) is buying baby things. Not a day goes by where I don't think about buying something for the baby - may it be clothing, toys, books, etc. And if I'm not thinking about it, it's because I have actually bought stuff. For example, the other day Jon and I were on our way to baby class and we had some time to kill. So I wanted to stop at Borders and see if they had a book that a few people had recommended to me. Now, I love to read. I always have. And usually I can spend tons of time in a book store browsing. However, for some reason as we walked in, we went straight to the kids section and started pulling books from the shelf to buy for Blueberry. It was like some invisible force was pulling us and saying "you didn't buy him anything yet today. Buy books you neglectful person." Did I get the book I had originally come in for? No. Did we buy books for the baby? Yes. While I am a huge supporter of reading, and definitely want to start reading to the baby ASAP, to just skip over a book that I want is so unlike me.

We have started setting up Blueberry's room, which of course feeds our addiction perfectly. I mean, he can't just live in a bland room. Kids need things around them to stimulate their minds. Below are some pictures of the baby's new pad. We still have some items to purchase/add, but here is a first look at Blueberry's place.

We really wanted the baby's room to be something different and something that he could grow into. We hired a graffiti artist, Dylan York, to come and spray his name on the wall. It's hard to tell from the image below, but the name takes up a majority of the wall and it really looks amazing. Kind of fits in with our new neck of the woods.

Getting ready to paint the remaining walls. You can also see Blueberry's awesome crib (a gift from Jon's parents).


Me in my painting mask. I borrowed it from Michael Jackson. Trying not to breathe in the fumes. Luckily it was gorgeous outside so we were able to open all of the windows.
Jon taping.
Just like an English Muffin, we had to make sure to get all of the nooks and crannies. Almost done though!

Viola! We are done painting.

Exhausted after a long day. Fozzie was too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it! It looks really cool and unique. Sawyer is a lucky baby to have such cool parents :-D

What is Blueberry up to?